skip navigation

Farmers and land managers


Updated 22/01/2021 09:00

If you are a farmer or land manager, you can access a range of services from the Peak District National Park Authority.

Our team has over 30 years' experience of helping farmers and land managers in the national park. We work closely with a range of organisations, so you can be sure that you'll receive the best possible advice.

Please note that during the Coronavirus pandemic our Farm Advisers are working from home, and it may not be possible for on farm visits to take place. Please email or telephone in the first instance. Farm Advisers are not currently attending the Agricultural Business Centre on a Monday.

Conservation and grants for land management

We help farmers and land managers access national grant schemes by helping you to:

The National Park Authority's own small-scale grant scheme can help with projects that may not be suitable for the national schemes, but please note that resources are limited.

Understand regulations and save money

You can contact us for advice on the latest rules and regulations that may apply to your land and farming practice. This may include advice on:

  • Planning
  • Cross compliance
  • Nitrate vulnerable zones and agricultural waste regulations
  • Pollution control
  • Energy, water and waste management

Getting advice

We know that the maze of rules, regulations and grant opportunities for farmers and land managers can be confusing. We offer free advice to help you find and understand what you need. There are a number of ways you can get advice.

Drop-in at the Agricultural Business Centre, Bakewell

Farm Advisers from the Peak District National Park Authority are available every Monday from 10am to 2pm at the Agricultural Business Centre in Bakewell.

You can get advice without an appointment. Before you come to see us, please remember:

  • Bring as much relevant information as possible.
  • During busy times, you may have to wait for an advisor to become available.

Telephone or in person

In addition to Monday's drop-in service in Bakewell, you can contact the team of Farm Advisers at the National Park Authority for advice or longer-term support at any time. For example, we can offer advice on:

  • restoring traditional dry stone walls and hedges
  • managing traditional hay meadows and other species rich grassland
  • moorland management
  • managing and creating woodland and tree planting
  • applying for Countryside Stewardship (higher tier, mid tier, capital grants, woodland support, catchment sensitive farming, facilitation fund, hedgerows and boundaries grant scheme)

You can contact us by:

  • email:
  • telephone: 01629 816 270
  • visiting us at our offices in Bakewell (Monday to Friday 9.15am to 11.45am or by appointment)

    Peak District National Park Authority
    Aldern House
    Baslow Road
    Bakewell DE45 1AE

Alternatively, we can come to you at your farm or place of business.

Guidance documents

We have produced a range of guidance documents to help you with specific issues, from drystone walling to rabbit-proof fencing.

Useful links

Share this page