LDF Core Strategy Adoption
The Core Strategy was formally adopted by the National Park Authority on 7 October 2011. The Core Strategy DPD is the principal document of the Local Development Framework and sets out a vision, spatial strategy and core policies to guide development and change in the National Park up to 2026.
The Core Strategy DPD was subject to examination by an independent Inspector appointed by the secretary of State for Communities and Local Government. The examination included hearing sessions in April 2011. The Inspector's Report was received on 15th July 2011. The adopted Core Strategy incorporates the binding recommendations of the Inspector.
Copies of the following documents will be available for inspection free of charge at libraries and deposit locations in and around the National Park from 17 October 2011. Alternatively bound black and white printed copies of the Core Strategy are available from the National Park Authority at a cost of £6 (£8 including postage and packing) from the Policy Planning office or you can download and print/ view on screen, the files below:
- Inspector's Report: Appendix A - Authority Changes necessary for soundness (2.4MB)
- Inspector's Report: Appendix B - Authority's Minor Changes (579KB)
- Adoption Notice (23KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement (26KB)
Examination into the LDF Core Strategy
The hearings for the independent Examination into the Core Strategy took place at the Peak District National Park Office, Aldern House, Baslow Road, Bakewell between 11 and 18 April 2011.
Dr Shelagh Bussey, MA, Dip TP, Dip EM, PhD, MRTPI from the Planning Inspectorate conducted the Examination. Dr. Bussey will report back to the Authority in early July.
The post submission changes are available to view in a file called Schedule of Post Submission Changes under the heading Examination document.
Core Documents list
- Core Documents list - web version
- Core Documents list - PDF version (199 KB) - last updated 20/5/2011
- Core Strategy legal self-assessment (document G002 - part 1 - 150 KB)
- Core Strategy soundness self-assessment document G002 - part 2 - 94 KB)
- Regional Plan conformity letter (document G018 - 25 KB)
- Programme Officer letter (document G003 - 98 KB)
- Examination participation questionnaire (document G004 - 12 KB)
- Examination guidance notes (document G005 - 56 KB)
- Pre-Hearing meeting agenda (document G009 - 15 KB)
- Hearings timetable (document G006 - 18 KB)
- Hearings-draft-programme (document G007 - 26 KB)
- Inspector's matters issues and questions (document G008 - 66 KB)
- Summary of Examination key actions and dates (document G010 - 17 KB)
- Schedule of post-submission suggested changes-(document G011 - 99 KB) - updated
- Inspector's note (document G012 - 24 KB)
- Authority's response to Inspector's note (document G013 - 167 KB)
- Inspector's pre-hearing meeting note (document G014 - 47 KB)
- Representors' ID numbers and comment numbers (document G015 - 72 KB)
- Final hearings programme (document G016 - 29 KB)
- Inspectors Tour (document G022-13 KB)
- Programme officer letter (document G023-89 KB)
- Authority?s topic papers (document G052 -945KB )
- Core strategy development plan (5MB)
- Delivery plan (1.5MB)
- Sustainability appraisal (612KB)
- Sustainability appraisal appendices (974KB)
- Habitats Assessment Appraisal (1.7MB)
- Statement of consultation (203KB)
- Statement of representations (164KB)
- Statement of community involvement (532KB)
- Submission notice (15KB)
- Proposed changes (74KB)
- Core strategy representations (1MB)
- Appendix from Patrick Brady in support of representation 73 -82 (1MB)
- Representations overview (697KB)
- Final Evidence Library (138KB)
This sets out the vision, objectives and spatial strategy (including key diagram) for the National Park and the primary policies for achieving the vision.
Issues and Options
Consultation in May 2005 (jointly with the National Park Management Plan).
Consultation on Core Strategy issues and options took place in May and June 2007.
A workshop on refined options will take place with key national, regional and local stakeholders in July 2008.
A series of area focussed workshops on refined options will take place with key local stakeholders in September and October 2008.
A 'Refined Options' document was available for comment between January and April 2009. The consultation period for feedback on the document has now finished however a copy of the document can be downloaded below.
- LDF refined options consultation (325pp - 1.4MB)
The Authority approved its Preferred Approaches for the National Park Spatial Strategy and Core Policies for consultation on 2 October 2009. A period of consultation took place between October and December 2009.
The Core Strategy Development Plan Document Submission Version was consulted on between 15 September and 26 October 2010. The next stages are submission to the Secretary of State on 17 December 2010 and Examination expected in March 2011.
- Core strategy (143pp - 4.9MB)
- Final Delivery Plan (1.5MB)
- Sustainability Appraisal (612KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal Appendices (974KB)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (2.5MB)
- Statement of Consultation (203KB)
- Statement of representation procedure (17KB) - includes list of public libraries which have printed copies and blank representation forms