Speak at a meeting
You are able to contribute to any of the issues discussed at Authority meetings and you can make your points directly to members. This opens up the democratic process so that the public can contribute more to decision-making.
For any item on the agenda, you are welcome to:
- ask a question
- make a statement
- hand in a petition
All you need to do is make a request to do this.
Please note that we must receive your request by 12 noon two working days before the meeting.
Request to speak at a meeting
You can make this request by contacting Democratic Services in the following ways.
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01629 816 362 or 01629 816 382 (voicemail is available to leave a message)
- In person at the address below between the hours of 9.45am and 5pm, Mondays to Fridays
- Write to:
Director of Corporate Strategy and Development
Peak District National Park Authority
Bakewell DE45 1AE
You will then be invited to address the meeting for up to three minutes.
Changes to public participation scheme
Following consultation, the Authority has made some changes to how the scheme operates. The changes apply to all meetings after 1 March 2013.
- Dates of meetings and agendas
- What to expect when you attend a planning committee meeting
- More information on speaking at public meetings
If you have any general concerns about the work of the Peak District National Park Authority, members can be contacted directly. See the contact details of our members.