A path through herbal leys and the flower-rich hay meadow at Hard Rake. Also links with the Barker Fields Peak Permissive Path.
Permissive path – access on foot. Defra funded until March 2024.
Distance 0.75 km of new access
Accessibility 2 pedestrian gates, 1 field gate. Track sections at either end.
Nearest Facilities Monyash & Sheldon
Hard Rake permissive path route map
- Follow the track through the tree belt to the meadow on the left
- Head diagonally right to the gate in the far wall corner
- After 20 m join the public footpath on the other side of the wall
- Turn right and then after one field left along the track to the roadside.
Start Point via Sheldon Moor Road
Ordnance Survey grid reference: SK 1605 6842
Postcode: SK17 9QS
Do you know?
- Ox-eye daisies can produce as many as 4000 seeds.
- The rattling sound of the hay rattle seeds signals that it's time for haymaking.
- Corkscrew fossils, known as crinoids, can be seen in the drystone walls